Working to Develop and Maintain a Diverse Economic Base
West Valley City Economic Optimization works to develop and maintain a diverse and vibrant economic base by supporting current businesses and providing the resources site selectors need for relocation and expansion. With goals like job creation and facilitating capital investments topping $300 million, West Valley City aims to define and expand its unique sense of place and interconnectivity to stimulate economic, social, and cultural appeal. It is “The City in Motion.”
West Valley City Provides Concierge-Level Assistance
West Valley City is centrally located in the Salt Lake Valley and home to over 4,500 businesses. These range from small “mom and pop” operations to major national corporations. We take pride in being an efficient, progressive, business-friendly city with a staff dedicated to facilitating quality economic development with concierge-level service.
We Are Your “One Stop Shop”
- Site Selection & Analysis. We provide expertise regarding land, office, manufacturing, and distribution opportunities. We work with property owners, utility partners, and local government to find the tailor-made fit for your company.
- Liaison Access. We facilitate connections between businesses, site selectors, developers, and the city, helping to coordinate projects, find sites, and navigate approvals of plans and permits. Let us connect you with trusted talent recruiters, training providers, business leaders, bankers, attorneys, accountants, and contractors.
- Workforce Development. We partner with area, state, and regional institutions for needed skills development and talent recruitment. Our Hometown Scholars scholarship program was created to help develop and maintain a sustainable city and workforce by improving opportunities for West Valley City students to earn college degrees.
- Demographics. We provide up-to-date research data regarding competitive wages, area population, demographics, and workforce numbers. We have done the legwork for you.
- Business Relocation Assistance. We simplify the relocation process regarding properties and state and local incentives. The city currently has numerous redevelopment and economic development areas which could provide tax-increment financing for qualified projects. West Valley Opitimization Agency is able to negotiate additional incentives on a case-by-case basis. Utah as a whole is widely recognized for its pro-business environment.
Contact us today because you belong in the Intermountain West location. You belong in West Valley City.